Monday, February 10, 2014

Playing Pretend

I'm going to pretend it hasn't been a year since I last posted on my blog, and I'm going to pretend everyone knows that I lived in Scotland and Ireland for two months over the summer.
I'm also going to pretend everyone knows that I'm graduating in April (hopefully), and that I have no idea what I'm going to do with my life once I graduate.
I going to pretend everyone knows that I'm graduating in English, and that I don't want to become an English teacher.
I'm also going to pretend that I'm not terrified that I'm going to screw up this semester like I did last semester.
I'm going to pretend everyone knows about how terribly difficult last semester was for me.
I'm going to pretend that everyone knows that I tried not to give up, even though I'd already given up, and that the effort I summoned from the depths at the last minute meant something, even though it didn't change anything at all.
I'm going to pretend that I can deliver that effort this semester before it is too late.
I'm going to pretend that I believe that hard work pays off.
I'm going to pretend that it is easy to share private thoughts on a public blog.
And I'm going to pretend that I have hope in the future, because I don't, but maybe if I pretend long and hard enough I will start to have some.

No comments:

Post a Comment